HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daveld

What happened to 4stroke.com I need Dave's XRL Carb mods.

15 posts in this topic

I guess I am too late to get the Dave's XR650L carb mods. There was a detailed page on 4strokes.com that had pictures in a step by step guide to uncork the carb. Now sadly, it seems 4strokes.com is gone. Anyone know what happened to the site?

Anyone have the page with the pics? This is the last step I need to do to my 06 XR650L.

Thanks

Dave (Just a coincidence)

Yeah something happened with their host's server. It should be up soon.

I did a writeup for relocating the electrical and they will have it up in Tech in the next few days, so check that out too if you are interested.

Welcome to 4Strokes.com

4Strokes.com is down do to technical difficulties beyond our control.

We expect the site to be back online sometime on Monday, February 6, 2006.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

No problem. Again, I hope its cool with 4strokes.com.

Just in case I do have to pull it, you can save it for future reference while it is available.

If you are running IE, go to the site, and select (F)ile, (S)ave. It should save the linked images, too, but not sure about IE as I run Firefox/Mozilla. For FF, it is (F)ile, Save Page (A)s. This way, you'll have a locally cached version of the page/site.

Also, there's freeware out there that will suck a whole site down for a local copy. I usually just nab the pages, like Dave's Carb Mods on 4strokes, so I can refer back to them if I have any connection problems.

Good luck with the mod; I am going to do it to my L this week or this w-end, too.

You can always go through the internet archives when something goes south- the wayback machine rocks!

D

You can always go through the internet archives when something goes south- the wayback machine rocks!

D

:thumbsup: huh?

splain it to me Lucy

seriously, what are you talking about?

I made a PDF file out of it. By the way, can I do this mod with stock jets or do I need to buy new ones? The procedure didnt really say either way.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

I made a PDF file out of it. By the way, can I do this mod with stock jets or do I need to buy new ones? The procedure didnt really say either way.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Most refereces suggest that the stock jets be replaced with Keihin 55/158.

The stock ones are too lean, and once you remove the restriction in the air/fuel/exhaust path, leaving the stock ones in may do damage (run hot/overheat), or not even run.

More air & free flow needs more fuel to balance out the mixture. 55 Pilot and 158 Main will be a good starting (and possibly ending point) for most bikes.

I bought a 55 Pilot/160 Main as I am at about 4-500' ASL.