Bike sideways?!

I took a fall yesterday in the desert and ended up on the ground a couple of feet away from the bike lying on it's side, still in 2nd gear with the engine idling away and the rear wheel happily turning.

Are there any engine internals that could have been daamged whilst the engine was rotated 90 degrees on its side and still running??? Any damage from a lack of oil or excessive thrust forces?? There must be someone clever out there that will know the answers ?

I will definately be getting some radiator gaurds now!! ?:bonk:

IAre there any engine internals that could have been daamged whilst the engine was rotated 90 degrees on its side and still running??? Any damage from a lack of oil or excessive thrust forces?? There must be someone clever out there that will know the answers ?

I'm no design expert, but common sense and experience tells me since this is a dirt bike, a certain amount of abuse is factored into its design. I have crashed mine in the same manner numerous times, but everytime I go to fire it back up, it starts without a hiccup. It's not like you're redlining the thing in that position for an extended period of time. I think you're being just a bit paranoid. Relax and ride ?...SC