HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kelleyseiler

Stupid Question about Mods

7 posts in this topic

:thumbsup: I know this probably is a stupid question to most of you but what is desnorkeling? I will be getting my K&N filter and Dynojet Kit in the mail soon, and I am not sure what else I need to do along with these. I have just installed a Wileyco exhaust and it definetly needs the jet kit. Please dont laugh too much but I am new at all this stuff :thumbsup:

Some (alot?) of bikes like XR's come with a removable restrictor in the airbox as well as lean jetting and a stuffed up pipe. This all allows the bike to pass strict EPA emissions tests. However, it really saps the bikes power. The "snorkel" you are referring to is a common name for an airbox restrictor. Some are easily removed, some aren't. Some don't have them at all. In this case people usually enlarge the existing hole in the airbox. This gets more air into the carb/motor. Rejetting the carb (richer) will be necesary to match the higher volume of air. More air/fuel, more power. This whole process is also known as "uncorking," and is specific for each bike. Good luck.

yup ... under the seat, you will see the black plastic airbox... and a 'plate' with a hole in it, and two rivets ... simply drill out the rivets ... this will allow you to remove the 'plate', which will allow the carb to breathe easier .. :thumbsup:

Some (alot?) of bikes like XR's come with a removable restrictor in the airbox as well as lean jetting and a stuffed up pipe. This all allows the bike to pass strict EPA emissions tests. However, it really saps the bikes power. The "snorkel" you are referring to is a common name for an airbox restrictor. Some are easily removed, some aren't. Some don't have them at all. In this case people usually enlarge the existing hole in the airbox. This gets more air into the carb/motor. Rejetting the carb (richer) will be necesary to match the higher volume of air. More air/fuel, more power. This whole process is also known as "uncorking," and is specific for each bike. Good luck.

Its funny how you never really answered the question. Would it not have been easier to just come out and say its this dumb ass rubber tube that cuts off half the air flow, take off the seat and rip the somma bitch out. if its riveted, drill the rivets out and rip it out.