HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboyona426

New Cycra handguard mount system

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the new Cycra handguard mount setup that attaches to the bars just outside the bar mounts with a straight bar? I'm wondering if the triple clamp mount setup won't be a little stronger than this setup (less chance for twisting). Any thoughts?

I just bought a set of Cycra's for my O6. I went with the triple clamp mount because of my experience with some Acerbis handlebar mounted handgaurds. They would twist and move around with any impact with limbs and such. I also had problems with the clamps coming loose.

I had the same problem with my Rally Pro's, which is why I bought GYT-R triple clamp mounts for them. I think that will be the way I go again on my (hopefully) new bike this year.

man, those bark buster things make me nervous, I had a friend get his hand stuck in one and broke it real bad.

Just to clarify, this is the new mount I was wondering about:

yhst-2483094475615_1881_260098

You can get your hand caught in 'busters, but for trails they are worth having IMO.

Just to clarify, this is the new mount I was wondering about:

yhst-2483094475615_1881_260098

You can get your hand caught in 'busters, but for trails they are worth having IMO.

those are new to me. looks like a better setup than the Acerbis one, although it looks like a lot of metal to attach two handguards. I agree I would never ride a woods bike without barkbusters.

Yeah, the Acerbis mounts that clamp to the bars are worthless- the first time you hit anything more solid than a marshmallow they twist and bend your handguards. I think I'll just stick with triple clamp mounts on the new ride if/when I get it.