1997 xr 650l ?

well i picked the bike up today. i got it for 2 grand. this thing is as clean as a whistle. it was not owned by a young punk it was owned by a 50 year old dude that says he maintained it very well. oil changed every 400 t0 500 miles. it is bone stock. i mean stock. i am so happy. thanks for the help. p.s. what mods should be first.

I bought a 94 650L from a 40 year old doctor with more toys in his garage than you can imagine. It only had 1500 miles on it bone stock mint condition. Only thing I had to do was clean the tank and carb. Paid 2k for it. After all the mod's She runs great, best deal I've come across in a while. Hope you have fun. ?

I just got a smokin' deal: 2004 XR650L with 392 miles(no typo) bone stock from a friend for $2500. I'm doing all the mods now and will have about $4500 into it when complete.

Ude123

holly shit!!!!! was he on crack? seriously, was he smookin something? thats such an awesome deal!!!

well i picked the bike up today. i got it for 2 grand. this thing is as clean as a whistle...it is bone stock. i mean stock. i am so happy. thanks for the help. p.s. what mods should be first.

Just check the important things first, oil level & condition, air filter, sprak plug, brakes, tire pressure, clutch lever freeplay, chain lube & tension, etc. Then ride it hard & see how she responds.

As far as mods go, it depends on your intended use. Standard mods are smog equipment removal, foam air filter, new exhaust & finally reworking the ultra-lean CV carb. There are pages & pages here & other places of how to shim the needle, drill the slide, modify the pilot screw, & about rejetting.

The next part is deciding what type of riding you are going to modify your bike for. Dirt, pavement or both. Better tires, aftermarket gas tank, suspension work, bigger pegs. There's a lot of aftermarket stuff out for the enduring XRL. Anyway you choose, it's a fun process & you can do most of the work yourself with the proper tools & information.

Happy moddin'