Does a jet kit help a 4 stroke even if it is not acting up?

I have finally managed to get my bike to run smoothly at all rpms. It goes from idle to the rev limiter without a hiccup, and when I let off at high rpm, it does not backfire. Would a jet kit still help my '03? What kind of differance could I expect?

If you suffer no symptoms, then no it wont help. If a kit offers custom needles then yes it could be better possibly. Performance will only be realized with knowledge, experimentation and patience. Jetting is a fine art. How much adjustment/changes did you have to make to accomplish this? Or is it stock?

My jetting was good, I thought. Then I got a JD Jetting Kit and it makes all the difference in the world. It revs like somebody lightened the flywheel. I'm impressed, so impressed that I bought one for my girly's 250F.

Supposedly, the j/d kit will improve even a finely tuned stock jetted bike, because the man who designed them, designs their shape to fit the ignition curve of the particular bike.

Jetting is a fine art.
And then the weather changes....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I bought my 03 450 it ran good. It had the DRD pipe and extended fuel screw. No bog, ran out good.

But I still had the red needle from the 4xx kit and so I jetted the bike per JD kit instructions with the red needle. MAN, it felt like about another 4hp from the bike! It was a totally different animal!

Like Gray said, jetting may need to be updated from time to time. Also having a bike that is a bit rich may not have any bogs, but you may not be getting the max power out of it either.

And then the weather changes....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes that is one of my least favorite things about jetting

I didnt really change anything, I just put a fuel screw on it, and when I went out on a good day a couple weeks ago (70 degrees or so) it was acting perfect. Have not had a chance to ride it since. I dunno if it is stock or not because I have yet to dive into the carburator since I bought it a few months ago.

I have finally managed to get my bike to run smoothly at all rpms. It goes from idle to the rev limiter without a hiccup, and when I let off at high rpm, it does not backfire. Would a jet kit still help my '03? What kind of differance could I expect?

My 03 with the JD kit is simply.........awesome... :thumbsup: More power everywhere....but it does take patience to get it all right.... :thumbsup:

where is the best place online to buy the jd jet kit?

where is the best place online to buy the jd jet kit?

TT store :thumbsup: