Anyone Used a JD kit on 06 YZ450F?

I didn't get much response in the jetting forum. I ordered the JD Jet kit, but I'm a little leary of using it since the current 48/170 combo seems to work pretty good. Any first hand reports on this bike?

I plan to try it this weekend, let you know how it goes.

Are you using the JD4006 kit for the 06? I am curious of the difference between this and the other 03-05 kit.

I put it on mine and changed to a 45 pilot jet. Seems to run better. Popping on deceleration is gone.

The J/D kit I got for my 06 did not help. Now he said he is coming out with new kit for 06 yz450 in a few weeks. Just installed 48 pilot jet and will ride Saturday

Supposedly I am getting the 'new kit' for the 06. I think the only difference is that they include the 48 pilot, but I'm not totally sure. I know several guys with CRF450's that swear the kit makes a big difference on even a well jetted bike, but haven't heard those same types of reviews for the new YZ's yet.

The J/D kit I got for my 06 did not help. Now he said he is coming out with new kit for 06 yz450 in a few weeks. Just installed 48 pilot jet and will ride Saturday

That is my understanding to. I wonder if the needle taper is changed?