Stock exhaust question....

Taking the end cap off and looking inside it appears to be a straight shot right through the can, with only the huge spark arrestor in the way. Is there something inbetween the header pipe & silencer, in that flanged area right before the silencer that I can't see, internal baffle or something? Just curious. I have read all the exhaust posts in the archives. Just seems like there should be an easy way to slip a different core in there and add some packing perhaps? Just thinking. I thought if nothing else that spark arrestor could be cut down by half and get rid of the solid end piece.

Never mind. I got a flashlight and probed around in there, I see the baffles back in there.

Has anyone tried drilling these out (like the DRZ guys do?)

Probably grasping at straws...might as well just get the e-series if it's gonna be this loud.

Scott-

Some guys go with the vortip, although I dont think the difference is that great. It is kind of loud, but you should see the 2 smokes scrambling to get out of the way!

I have drilled the sh** out of my stock baffle, but only use it when Im putting around the neighborhood.

Scott-

People just don't fuss with the stock anchor too much. They are just WAAAY to heavy to consider a permanent addition to the bike, so folks investment in personal R&D with it isn't much!

With YZ timing, the shape of this pipe is off by a longshot-performance will not be nearly the same as if using a stock YZ pipe.

The baffles are there to help increase backpressure slightly for good low end performance. Take those away and so does your low end.

Sooo...if I keep the WR timing so I want a different pipe?