HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brianjw4

Valve cover gasket - 03 WR450

10 posts in this topic

Great, thanks for the reply. I'm going to check the valve clearance, I can leave the spark plug in for this procedure right?

I checked my valves and my intakes were around 10mm, maybe a little more, but the 15mm guage definitely wouldn't go. My exhaust valves were at 20mm. I'm assuming this will be alright for the short term, a ride or two, should I set them at the top of the range soon (15mm intake and 25mm exhaust)?

I checked my valves and my intakes were around 10mm, maybe a little more, but the 15mm guage definitely wouldn't go. My exhaust valves were at 20mm. I'm assuming this will be alright for the short term, a ride or two, should I set them at the top of the range soon (15mm intake and 25mm exhaust)?

If they are within specs then I would leave them alone until they go out of spec. Just my 2c. Hope this helps.

Josh