Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamajoe

!st etched line?

7 posts in this topic

Probably a stupid question but I keep hearing people say "raise the forks on the 06 450 to the 1st etched line". What the hell is that. Is there actually a line maybe I just didn't look close enough.

thanks

When I got my 2005 I put the RG3 top triple clamp on immediately I just put the stocker back on and to my amazement I have been running the 2005 about 2 mm below that line, the bike always turned well and never had head shake now I know why. I think the RG3 clamp is 2.5 MM higher than the stocker.

The moral of the story is don't be afraid to raise them up past the line if you are on a tight twisty track.

Grey,

Did you try the 10 mm line setting? If so, any head shake and did it turn that much sharper?

Grey,

Did you try the 10 mm line setting? If so, any head shake and did it turn that much sharper?

I used that setting on my '03 while I had the stock clamps on it. It improved the turn-in less than the offset clamps did, but the bike was more stable than with the clamps, too.

Try it and see what you think.

on the indoors track on my old 04 we would have the forks raised up to 18 mm useing the electrion micromitor(sp)

and normaly run them on a outdoor track at about 5-7 mm and that bike was great!!!

can wait to start tinkering with the new 06!!!