Header Pipes

I'm going to be getting a new exhaust system, don't know for sure what, but my question is, is a titanium powerbomb header worth the extra $100 or should I just go with a stainless steel one. I know my stock titanium header dents very easily when the pipe is hot, will the titanium powerbomb do the same thing?

Oh Yeah go with SS powerbomb. Ti heat cycle fatigues at the high heat found on the first foot of header. Ti is great for the slip on after the header. :thumbsup:

When I bought mine, there were two versions, SX and MX. The SX is supposedly tuned for better low end, and the MX for the high end. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but I got the SX and I'm happy...SC

SX version as well for better bottom end! :thumbsup:

How much of a differenece, if any, is there in power with a powerbomb header over a stock header?? I would probably get the SX for more bottom end. Is the $150 worth it?? Or should I just use the stock header with a slip on??

You can get the header now or later. The stock header will heat cycle fatigue and collapse in about a year of riding. Then replace it with the SX - SS Powerbomb. :thumbsup:

I just ordered my powerbomb yesterday ($190 from DennisKirk). Good to read about the heat fatigue. My none-to-old header pipe buckled and then ripped at the buckle folds last ride. I was thinking it seemed like that pipe didn't last near long enough. 3yrs old, 1700miles.

Hoping I can hose clamp the stock heat shield on to the powerbomb.

Like Indy and SC I have a SS Powerbomb SX mated to a Q. It does have better low end than stock. Seemed to make no difference on sound output though.

Hi

I did a lot of reading and research before I decided on a replacement pipe for my WR. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be getting a new exhaust system, don't know for sure what, but my question is, is a titanium powerbomb header worth the extra $100 or should I just go with a stainless steel one. I know my stock titanium header dents very easily when the pipe is hot, will the titanium powerbomb do the same thing?

Brand names aside, it seems that the TI headers do fatigue and are prone to denting more easily than Stainless Steel. By comparison, the weight saving you achieve with a Ti header compared to SS is not worth the extra $ (IMHO). I agree that anything after the header is OK, be it carbon, Ti, Alu or SS. It depends on how much noise you want vs. performance and looks/fit/weight! - there is and will be atrade-off to some extent with these. I also went for the powerbomb but mated with a Q2 (a noise issue) - it comes with a PowerNow insert - the combo apparently restores mid to low end. While this combo may not be the best for performance, I think it gives good power gains over the stocker at only modest noise increase - still legal and wont upset the neighbours.

My .02 / Hope this helps

Colin

Thanks for all the great info, this is what I was wanting to know.