HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Idaho_Stas

'06 YZ450F - Handlebar Risers & Skid Plates

2 posts in this topic

Looking to raise the handlebars on a new '06 YZ450F between 3/4" and 1" to match the height of my '03 YZ250. I'd rather not change out the top triple clamp... or buy a set of taller bars. I can find lots of conversion kits with about 3/4" risers going from 7/8 to 1 1/8" (which is what I had on my YZ250 with Renthal Twinwalls), but can't find a 'universal' riser that goes from 1 1/8" to 1 1/8" that will work with the now 'stock' ProTaper bars Yamaha is using that will give me the 3/4" - 1" lift I'm looking for. :thumbsup: Any help would be greatly appreaciated by this thumper newbie.

Also... would like to get a skid plate (the type with 'wings' that extend beyond the frame... beyond what a normal glide plate would protect). The only company I've found that is actually manufacturing/shipping, is Utah Sport Cycle (whose plates look quite large and bulky... and who I'm told makes plates for Moose). Looks like the Works Connection plate that will be out in the next week or so is only a glide plate. Is anyone aware of other manufacturers that are manufacturing/shipping the wider skid plates?

Thanks.