Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albertlui

Radiator Guard or Brace?

16 posts in this topic

Which one is better for protection? Radiator Guard is rectangular shape install in front of the radiator, radiator brace is triangular shape install behind the radiator. Anybody installed one of them but still damage the radiator?

everything fits back, you just have to bolt the shroud to the brace at the lower mounting point.

I Think Unibiker Has The Best . I Am Using Works Braces With No Problems Mainly Due To Economy However I Also Ride In Pretty Muddy And Clay Filled Conditions And The Front Guards Can Get Clogged And Lead To Overheating.

I can tell ya that they work. I ran up on a tree during a race. It hit just inside the shroud, ripping it off to the radiator and tearing the graphics off that whole side. The rad never moved.

Until you buy a pair of Unabiker 's and bolt them on you wont believe how much protection they provide and yet weigh very little. Awesome design! :thumbsup:

I have Devols, have tested them a bit and like them. The Unibikers ae very nice and look like they would probably be a bit more strudy.

Bill, For $10 you can not go wrong! They certainly do offer a good deal of protection. Might not be as sexy, but I woudl rather save the $$ anyday :thumbsup:

Darn, I wish I had heard about the unabikers a couple hours ago. I just ordered a set of Devols. I had the Zip Ty braces on last weekend, when I did a low speed drop on a rock and bent up my radiator pretty bad.