HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DesertCRF

XR600 This thing rocks!!

14 posts in this topic

I bought a 2000 model year XR600 from a friend last week. It is dual sported and has a scotts dampner a desert tank and several other accessories. I currently ride a 2005 KTM 450MXC and have owned a XR400, YZF426, CRF450R, KTM 525SX and a few others. I rode this weekend here in the high desert of Ridgecrest CA, 125 miles offroad on Saturday and 165 miles offroad Sunday. I would have never thought in a million years, I would like an XR over my KTM. All I can say is the thing $@#* ROCKS!!! :thumbsup: Single track, whoops, fire roads, monster hills, sand washes. I rode it all and I rode the frigging piss out of it, flogging it, wheelies, jumps..big jumps. I am in love. :bonk:

Yeah, but they sure do look pretty in my garage.

lol...good point..And there always there for your friends to ride :thumbsup:

I have had my DS XR600 for a while now and just bought a YZ426F. For now I ride my XR more, but after I get the YZ plated that ratio is going to change. The XR is more comfortable and has a better disposition, especially for longer rides. There is room in my garage for both bikes....however my old XL600 has got to go.

I had a '00 XR600R also. Great machine, reliable as a sledgehammer. Sold it to a buddy who rides it with me on most all of my Mexico runs. Once they are sorted out and set up, they're great long distance rides.

I've owned three XR6's. Now ride a '99 WR400F which is a blast to ride, but I miss the XR6 for its effortless from zero revs power, forgiving handling, and of course the reliablity.

I have had my DS XR600 for a while now and just bought a YZ426F. For now I ride my XR more, but after I get the YZ plated that ratio is going to change. The XR is more comfortable and has a better disposition, especially for longer rides. There is room in my garage for both bikes....however my old XL600 has got to go.

Ha! we have similar choice in bikes. :thumbsup: Check out my sig. I'll never sell my XR though. It rules mountain trails.

What suspension work is done to your bike? I also have a 2000 XR600 and am looking into some suspension work...Please advise :thumbsup:

What suspension work is done to your bike? I also have a 2000 XR600 and am looking into some suspension work...Please advise :thumbsup:

My '93 XR has revalved forks and an Ohlins shock. After riding My YZ426 and the XR back to back, I think I might be faster on the XR, except for the really tight or really rough stuff. The Yamaha seems so stiff. I am going to play with the settings before spending money on the suspension. The YZ is at a friend's house getting a softer seat. No matter how soft he makes it, I know it will never be as comfortable as the sofa on the 600.

Shoot man are you kidding me?I got my 86XR600 in91-92 when living in San Diego,Was fortunate to have rode west coast terrain,any way My 86 XR600 performed exceptional,desert mountains,right at home,I never fell out of a ride cause of the bike,it could go anywhere my friends could go on a small platoon of assorted 2 and 4 stroke bikes,some of the best rides I have ever done,that is a great off-road riding state,Beach babes,had it all.