HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danpeltz

Comp Flow reusable filter wich way?

7 posts in this topic

I have an 03 wr450 and have the comp flow reusable filter. Wich way does it go in? O ring in towards engine or oring toward cover?

Oil filter?

This is the second time in a week that this has come up.

The "blade" on the cover fits into the opening in the filter and the gasket goes against the cover.

If you are able to put the filter in backwards, make sure you have the right filter.

I started this topic before. I said it was a scott filter but it is the comp flow. There is now blade on the cover that fits in the filter.

Like we said in the other thread.... check and make sure that your cover has not been modified or changed for an aftermarket.

I went through all years on the 400 series thumpers and the covers are the same, and they all have a "blade" or "nipple" in them to keep the filter centered.

If your cover does not look like this, get a replacement.

cover.jpg

The filter comes with an aftermarket cover. It does not have the long nipple in it like that one does.

The filter comes with an aftermarket cover. It does not have the long nipple in it like that one does.

In that case, I would not use the aftermarket cover.

The purpose of that nipple is to ensure that the filter is properly located over the passageways that deliver oil through the filter and to the engine.

The inside of the filter is the "clean" side. Oil pumps into the area surrounding the filter. If the filter is not properly aligned, then one of two things will happen.... you will pass unfiltered oil into the engine, or, you will pass NO oil into the engine.

Aftermarket does not always mean "better".

Any idea where i can get the number to call the filter company direct?

What do you expect them to tell you?

The "hole" in the filter goes toward the cover. Always has and always will on Yammi thumpers.

At least 5 people have told you the same thing.