hour meter for 06 yz450f

• 4 weeks later...
I see some of you have ziptied it to the throttle cables at the frame. Any other brillant ideas how or where to mount this puppy? I am not drilling holes period!

I do wish you could program it to notify at the 3 hr mark...on the SenDec ?

Are two tiny little holes really going to hurt anything? I'd rather poke 2 small holes in the frame than risk 2 sided tape or velcro giving out and losing my meter.

I zip tied mine on ther throttle cables and it works fine. (No need to drill holes in the Aluminum) I have found out that the SenDec is not the same unit as the Yamaha. In Fact Yamaha sells 3 different models. The Yamaha hr meter is programed to notify at 2 or 3 hr intervals and 1 of the models has a built in Tach on the meter....I just bought this one to replace my Sen Dec that will be going on my Lawn Tractor.... ?

Are two tiny little holes really going to hurt anything? I'd rather poke 2 small holes in the frame than risk 2 sided tape or velcro giving out and losing my meter.

I've had mine on for almost 25 hours of abuse, held by two sided foam tape, and it's not going anywhere. If you're really concerned about it, JB weld the thing on...but by all means, don't drill into your frame.....

I zip tied mine on ther throttle cables and it works fine. (No need to drill holes in the Aluminum) I have found out that the SenDec is not the same unit as the Yamaha. In Fact Yamaha sells 3 different models. The Yamaha hr meter is programed to notify at 2 or 3 hr intervals and 1 of the models has a built in Tach on the meter....I just bought this one to replace my Sen Dec that will be going on my Lawn Tractor.... ?

I could care less at what interval the thing flashes... I'm mostly interested in logging engine time. The 25 hour lawn tractor model will suit me just fine ?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tips guys, I just installed mine on my 06 YZ405f by loosely zip tying it to one of the throttle cables. I went ahead and bent over and grabbed my ankles for the "YAMAHA" one...but for some anal reason it really looks good on the bike, kinda like it was factory installed because it says Yamaha on it.

Im pleased, that's all that matters. :applause:

MW

DSC00069.JPG

DSC00067.JPG