HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbrooks26

Brake Shoe Replacement Recommendations

11 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Anyone have any suggestions for brake shoes out of the selection here in the TT Store? I ride trails 100 percent of the time, and my stock shoes are about shot. What type/brand should I go with? Thanks,

Josh

Do not go with EBC unless you want to listen to them squeal during hard braking. It drove me absolutely crazy! I have heard that the stockers are the best but I am trying Galfers this go around. Unfortunately I can't give you any report if they are better at this time.

Sintered Base pads only work well when they're hot and dry. They're awful when they're brand new and wet. (Read .. no brakes at all). I got in the habit of dragging the front brakes all the time just to dry them out.

Yamaha OEM 's are about the best.

Sintered Base pads only work well when they're hot and dry. They're awful when they're brand new and wet. (Read .. no brakes at all). I got in the habit of dragging the front brakes all the time just to dry them out.

Yamaha OEM 's are about the best.

I disagree Unkle George......... my Sintered Base pads work well in all conditions :bonk:

To each his own I guess........

And when I think about it, I'm pretty sure the OEM pads on my 04' were sintered base pads. I got two years out of em' :thumbsup:

EBC sintered! No squeals. :thumbsup:

:bonk: I dunno I ran the same ones, no squealing on front but the back howled like a freakin wolf under heavy downhill type braking. I replaced rotor with Wave and it still squealed. Blue_One.... back a brotha up :thumbsup:

The ceramic coated moose pads provided a noticeable increase in braking performance and control over the stock pads, no sqeak or fade and perfect function in all conditions. Ive got 1000mi on them and they are still nice and thick. Also it helps to replace the stock brake fluid w/ high temp fluid, those together you will notice a tremendous difference. :thumbsup:

you said you wanted to stay with the TT store. if your still sure of that, look for the ebc "mxs" pads. the full on ebc sintered will squeal when they get dirty and hot. they've squealed on every bike i've had 'em on. i've worked a lot of enduro and hare-scrambles check points and you can hear a set of ebc sintered pads coming a long ways away. if your not tied to the TT store, look at the rockymountain tusk sintered. i tried them on a lark. i figured at 15 bucks, they'd make a good back up set for my tool box. i put them on one ride and haven't taken them off yet. be sure to use the little sheet metal and fiber piece from your oem pads(i know they're on the rear, don't remember if they're on the front).