HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WR400Fdunk

FMF powerbomb header on WR

14 posts in this topic

has anyone tryed it yet.. i was thinking about looking into getting one but i would like to hear some feedback from people who have tryed it. thanks

The best thing is you won't have to fuss with it when doing oil and filter changes. :thumbsup:

I have a powerbomb SX (vs. the MX) and a Q. I had the Q before the powerbomb with a stock header. I noticed no sound reduction, but did notice some improvment on the bottom end. If I had to make a decision solely based on potential increased performance, I woudl say the money is better spent elsewhere. However, since I had to remove the stock header to change my oil and do not withthe powerbomb, it is well worth it.

The best thing is you won't have to fuss with it when doing oil and filter changes. :thumbsup:

That is the only problem with the longer header styles, like on my Procircuit Ti GP lowboy system. You have to loosen the header to change the oil filter. I use the oportunity to take off my exhaust system to clean it and inspect it for cracks / damage / muffler packing. There is only 3 bolts and a nut holding the whole exhaust system on anyway. I also change the header exhaust gasket if needed.

I am willing to put up with this, the performance gain with torque is unbelievable, I would never go back to a shorter header.

Is FMF sending a heat shield with it? I know guys that were burning their boots with the early models. FMF issued an afterthought shield that att'd with a hose clamp. :thumbsup:

i have it on my 04 and its awsome.. wish i had a heat sheild though since ive buned boots and pants. which sucks. lol try not to fall on it either. i have the titanium one and the fell the first ride out on some rocks and i dented it, sucks but no power loss

i have it on my 04 and its awsome.. wish i had a heat sheild though since ive buned boots and pants. which sucks. lol try not to fall on it either. i have the titanium one and the fell the first ride out on some rocks and i dented it, sucks but no power loss

I just froze out a dent (a gnarly performance robbing big dent), on my stock header. I read about it in this forum and it worked really good, I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised in the end :thumbsup:

I am the third owner of my 99 WR400 and my exhaust passes above the oil filter to where I have no problem changing the filter. I compare it to picture's I have of stock exhausts and it looks stock. I don't notice anywhere that it has been cut/turned and re-welded so I don't know what to make of it. Anybody have any idea's as to what's up with mine. Of course I am not complaining, Yamaha wasn't very smart in desiigning it in the way of the filter.