HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426pilot

Noise Noise Noise!!!

4 posts in this topic

96db blah blah blah. I'd love to comply but I can't figure out how to get my bike's noise level tested. Any ideas?

Take your bike in the back of the pick up truck, down to the local music store. They should have a db meter and may hook you up with a sound check.

Go to a riding area you know they test and just ask to get tested. If you are not riding they wont fine you. I had a BLM Ranger test mine. He did it with my open cap and my quiet cap. Pretty cool, now I know.

Yep, go to a local riding park if there is one near you. They should have a sound testing station. All parks around here do anyways. I bought my '00 YZ426f two weeks ago and after I rode it all weekend at Hollister, I rode into the sound testing area and had it tested. I figured that with the White Brothers E-Series exhaust (even with a quiet core II insert) it would probably be too loud.

Turns out, it tested at 96.5 db. Yeehaw. :thumbsup::bonk: