HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desert4seat

bars (650L)

10 posts in this topic

whatsup all,

kinda new to DP bikes...I've only ridden dirt only. But now i own a 650L (and i love it). The question i got is...What handlebars you guys find work the best? The stock ones feel too low, and something just isnt right with them. What do you L guys recommend? Thanks!

i love my pro taper fatty bars.....ive never had anything else on her (she came with em) there kind of expensive....bars are about 75 and the mounting kit is also about 75.

i love my pro taper fatty bars.....ive never had anything else on her (she came with em) there kind of expensive....bars are about 75 and the mounting kit is also about 75. and ive dropped her a few times...once going about 25mph on frozen ground....slid on her side for about 20 feet or more, there still straight as new. I also cracked the left bark buster....it hit the ground HARD....screwed the front fender and left side panel all up.....there still straight.

roadcam, raise the "CR-HI" bars an inch when mounting them, OR they are an inch higher than stock bars??? confused...

I put the pro taper fatty bars on my XRL as well, with the mounting kit, raises them about an inch or more over stock. Big diff and love em! Also had a number of hard hits to the bark busters and a 30 km slide out, still staight as new.

The CR-Hi bars are taller. That is what I run on my L also and it is a big improvement over the bars being in your lap as stock.

I'm 6'3"and use the renthal "ATV" bars there about 1 1/2" taller than the stock and if you bend these bars you'll be getting up real slow.P.S you can use the stock cables with this set up.

I am 6'4" and use a Renthal Fatbar with the RC High bend. They are .7" higher than the CR-High bar with slightly less sweep as well. I used a Moose universal clamp kit which raised them an additional 11/16". Standing is much easier and more comfortable now.