HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgerdi

06 450...Looking for 90/100 front tire.

7 posts in this topic

I pick up my 06 Thursday. I've ridden the yzf and rmz back to back. YZ all the way. With alittle help on cornering this will be awesome. They say put 90/100 on the front however, I like ms3's here in fla.. I cant find any 90/100 in that series. In my motosport catalog they show bridgestone and dunlop with the only 90/100's . If I run an ms3 on the rear, which (bridgestone , dunlop) would be better for good ol sandy fla.?

First, who says put a 90 on the front?

Second, if I remember right, the 90/100 Dunlop is a 739, for hard surfaces, and the Bridgestone is an M601, for intermediates. Obvious choice IMO.

Personally, I would pull the forks up to the first line, where they belong, and run a Dunlop 756 or 773, or a Michelin equivalent, maybe an M401 B'stone, in 80/100 as a first choice for somewhere loose and sandy.

Dunlop now has a 742 in the wider size. I own one but have ridden so little on it that I would hate o say it is the perfect tire. So far, so good.

I pick up my 06 Thursday. I've ridden the yzf and rmz back to back. YZ all the way. With alittle help on cornering this will be awesome. They say put 90/100 on the front however, I like ms3's here in fla.. I cant find any 90/100 in that series. In my motosport catalog they show bridgestone and dunlop with the only 90/100's . If I run an ms3 on the rear, which (bridgestone , dunlop) would be better for good ol sandy fla.?

first who is "They" ?

I use 80/100/21 MS3's only and they work fine...

raise the forks and try a taller bend handlebar - that tire will work perfectly fine :thumbsup:

I believe the real secret is going to be tripleclamps that change the offset. Two mm less offfset turns the YZ into something that will turn like you cannot imagine.

Assuming your are considering a 90/100 front tire because it is wider, you could go to a 90/90 as in a Michelin S-12 (works great in Florida) and have the wider tire your looking for. It would end up being about 9mm shorter than a 90/100 but you could adjust your fork height to compensate if needed.

First, who says put a 90 on the front?

Second, if I remember right, the 90/100 Dunlop is a 739, for hard surfaces, and the Bridgestone is an M601, for intermediates. Obvious choice IMO.

Personally, I would pull the forks up to the first line, where they belong, and run a Dunlop 756 or 773, or a Michelin equivalent, maybe an M401 B'stone, in 80/100 as a first choice for somewhere loose and sandy.

Dunlop 742

I use the 90 and it works great!