HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mountain Road Madness

Man What A Difference

8 posts in this topic

I just got around to installing my K&N stage 2 jet kit. What a difference it made. I had already installed the K&N air filter back in the summer and could tell a little difference. You put them both together and hang on. It woke the old XR up. Excellent throttle response off of an idle. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I couldn’t agree more. 2 days ago I installed a new K&N Filter, jet kit and XR’s Only pipe (from stock setup)…WOW! It was like installing a new motor. All I think about is hammering the throttle now! Hard to believe how much they choke those L motors down from the factory.

I just got around to installing my K&N stage 2 jet kit. What a difference it made. I had already installed the K&N air filter back in the summer and could tell a little difference. You put them both together and hang on. It woke the old XR up. Excellent throttle response off of an idle. :thumbsup:

i have a k&n filter on my 86 xr600r, dual 28mm carbs. i did not know there is a stage 2 kit available ( never even looked) i'am interested in this. do you think they have it for my bike? thanks. tim

i have a k&n filter on my 86 xr600r, dual 28mm carbs. i did not know there is a stage 2 kit available ( never even looked) i'am interested in this. do you think they have it for my bike? thanks. tim

I purchased my K&N stage 2 kit off of Ebay from a guy that never got around to using it before he sold his bike. Thats a good question on the dual carbs, you might check at the K&N web site. Ill do some checking and if I find anything Ill PM you. :thumbsup:

Hey Mountain Road...will it wheelie in second gear without clutching now? I rejetted to 55/158 / K&N filter, removed snorkel, stock pipe - is *just* short of wheelying in second gear. I think when I put the Supertrapp IDS2 on, it will get the front wheel up. How 'bout yours?