Trailtech Vapor Release

Just a little FYI for those interested...Trailtech wrote me this morning saying the Vapor is on target for release in late April or early May. I thought y'all might like to know...SC

and the vapor is....? :thumbsup:

hmmm...might be nice for dual sporting but thats kinda distracting for much else :thumbsup:

Indy wants one! :bonk:

Cant wait I have been hearing about it for a year now! :thumbsup:

The Vapor looks cool, but this one is right up there with it AND it's available NOW.

The Ultimate Speedometer :thumbsup:

150 bones?

steep maybe?

I hope the vapor isnt gonna cost that kind of green.

Yeah at $150 it better have a billet protector mount! I wont buy a new one without a billet mount to protect it. :bonk: I crushed a billet mount in Arizona a few months ago during a throttle cable break loop out seesion on a hill climb and the trail tech survived but the billet mount was bent and split off the lower mounting screws. :thumbsup:

i could see maybe pre-settable shift indicators(like grn,yellow,red led's),but a tach? come on,talk about overkill. i suppose it would come in handy for decible checks,setting the idle and maybe a couple test functions on the ignition system,but what else could it possibly do except distract you? look cool i suppose :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what Trailtech will be asking for the Vapor?

RPM meter will be real handy for setting the idle as well as veryifying the rpm during a sound check! :thumbsup:

i could see maybe pre-settable shift indicators(like grn,yellow,red led's),but a tach? come on,talk about overkill. i suppose it would come in handy for decible checks,setting the idle and maybe a couple test functions on the ignition system,but what else could it possibly do except distract you? look cool i suppose :thumbsup:

That's why I have one of these:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/yshop/Product_detail.asp?CatID=2&ModelID=165&CatDesc=Enduro%20Competition&ProdID=2531

Hey Guys,

Just got an e-mail back from Trailtech saying that they plan to release these in may of 2006. Target pricing is $99 for the basic Tach, and $119 for Tach and Engine Temp Sensor. I will be putting one on my X-mas list!!!!

now engine temp i could see,can you shut the tach part on/off ?

More features is makes this new Trailtech a must! :thumbsup:

More features is makes this new Trailtech a must! :thumbsup:

so its got all the old features plus these new ones? and does anyone know if you can run it with/without the tach on?

It is my understanding that the Vapor will have all of the old features, plus the Tach and Engine temp sensing. I don't believe that the Tach will be on/off capable, but it looks to me that the display has plenty of room for it. I don't know why you would want to turn it off, at least I wouldn't want to turn it off. To each his own I guess. :thumbsup::bonk:

I imagine that if you do not hook up the rpm sensor (whatever that will look like) the engine rpms will not show up on the display.

i get distracted easily,and that just seems like alot of commotion just outside the line of sight. there is no reason for a tach while your riding/racing,the bikes have a built in rev limiter and shift points are pretty obvious to anyone thats ever ridden much,its mostly a feel and hear kinda thing while your riding. i agree it would come in handy for other functions like sound checks,and tuning. personally i just wouldn't want it on while i was riding. i've been thinking about getting one of these as i want to try some enduro's soon,and i guess it would come in handy for HS to see what your avg speed is:thumbsup: