HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clark4131

Trailtech Vapor Release

24 posts in this topic

Just a little FYI for those interested...Trailtech wrote me this morning saying the Vapor is on target for release in late April or early May. I thought y'all might like to know...SC

150 bones?

steep maybe?

I hope the vapor isnt gonna cost that kind of green.

Yeah at $150 it better have a billet protector mount! I wont buy a new one without a billet mount to protect it. :bonk: I crushed a billet mount in Arizona a few months ago during a throttle cable break loop out seesion on a hill climb and the trail tech survived but the billet mount was bent and split off the lower mounting screws. :thumbsup:

i could see maybe pre-settable shift indicators(like grn,yellow,red led's),but a tach? come on,talk about overkill. i suppose it would come in handy for decible checks,setting the idle and maybe a couple test functions on the ignition system,but what else could it possibly do except distract you? look cool i suppose :thumbsup:

i could see maybe pre-settable shift indicators(like grn,yellow,red led's),but a tach? come on,talk about overkill. i suppose it would come in handy for decible checks,setting the idle and maybe a couple test functions on the ignition system,but what else could it possibly do except distract you? look cool i suppose :thumbsup:

That's why I have one of these:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/yshop/Product_detail.asp?CatID=2&ModelID=165&CatDesc=Enduro%20Competition&ProdID=2531

Hey Guys,

Just got an e-mail back from Trailtech saying that they plan to release these in may of 2006. Target pricing is $99 for the basic Tach, and $119 for Tach and Engine Temp Sensor. I will be putting one on my X-mas list!!!!

More features is makes this new Trailtech a must! :thumbsup:

so its got all the old features plus these new ones? and does anyone know if you can run it with/without the tach on?

It is my understanding that the Vapor will have all of the old features, plus the Tach and Engine temp sensing. I don't believe that the Tach will be on/off capable, but it looks to me that the display has plenty of room for it. I don't know why you would want to turn it off, at least I wouldn't want to turn it off. To each his own I guess. :thumbsup::bonk:

I imagine that if you do not hook up the rpm sensor (whatever that will look like) the engine rpms will not show up on the display.

i get distracted easily,and that just seems like alot of commotion just outside the line of sight. there is no reason for a tach while your riding/racing,the bikes have a built in rev limiter and shift points are pretty obvious to anyone thats ever ridden much,its mostly a feel and hear kinda thing while your riding. i agree it would come in handy for other functions like sound checks,and tuning. personally i just wouldn't want it on while i was riding. i've been thinking about getting one of these as i want to try some enduro's soon,and i guess it would come in handy for HS to see what your avg speed is:thumbsup: