Can riding in the cold hurt my bike?

From time to time I get a chance to get out during the winter. I'm always worried that the cold air will cause a problem with my bike. If the bike cools after being ridden can I have problems? What other cold weather concerns should I worry about? Is it even worth risking for a couple of extra rides?

Cold air will not harm your bike. Since cold air is more dense, it should perform better.

You should use caution when hitting really cold water. Extremely cold water on hot motor can be a bad combination.

Cold weather could potentially harm your bike if you were previously jetted for real hot, humid weather. Your bike would then be too lean, but it would run like crap; you would know something was wrong.

That is correct. Just make sure you don't have EXCESSIVE backfiring. I you have to do is open your fuel screw a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn to adjust for the temp, unless it's already beyond the stock setting.

As long as you have place to get bike warmed up so it will start and if u richen the jetting you wont have a problem..last year i raced my 04 yz250f in tower minnesota and it was -25 to -30 degrees F now thats cold and it ran great just kept it in the trailer until my race.