06 WR450F Cutting out on top end

Bought 06 WR450F a few weeks ago. Broke it in with no problems. Had a FMF Factory 4 slip-on exhaust put on at local shop and they rejetted carb. Kept stock header. I did airbox & gray wire mod myself. AIS removal kit on back-order. Went out this past Sunday and it ran like an absolute beast for about an hour. Mostly stayed on the beach as I was with a friend who's just learning to ride. After an hour or so it started cutting out above mid-throttle. I thought I was running low on gas so i turned to reserve. Still was cutting out. I dropped into the woods for a few minutes and it ran great as long as I didn't open the throotle too wide. I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to jetting but I think this may be my problem. Anyone experience the same thing or any suggestions?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Couldn't tell ya what jets are currently in it. When we ordered the exhaust we also ordered the jet kit that FMF suggested. I've decided I'm just gonna take it back to the same shop and see if the main jet is loose or fell out completely. I'm also gonna put a new plug in just to eliminate that issue. I just came from a KX250 2-smoke thinking my plug changing days were over!!

Couldn't tell ya what jets are currently in it. When we ordered the exhaust we also ordered the jet kit that FMF suggested. I've decided I'm just gonna take it back to the same shop and see if the main jet is loose or fell out completely. I'm also gonna put a new plug in just to eliminate that issue. I just came from a KX250 2-smoke thinking my plug changing days were over!!

If a main jet falls out the bike will not run. You really ought to get a full run down of what your jetting setup is. These bikes can foul plugs also.

Just dropped the bike off at the shop. Guy calls me 15 minutes later saying the bike is as strong as an ox through all gears & throttle ranges. This is just my luck!! ? He's gonna drain the gas in the tank just in case of water & put in new plug. We'll see what happens.