HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
01wr426

Dumb question about spark plug boot

6 posts in this topic

My spark plug wire came apart right where it enters the plug boot. I jammed it back in there and it runs.

Is the boot supposed to come loose from the wire or am I just really lucky and it is close enough for the spark to jump across the gap?

I didnt notice any wire or anything hanging out the end of the thing so I am sure I am loosing spark and power to start etc.

What do you think?

Thanks, Eric

I think you will find that the boot or cap screws onto the lead. have a look with a torch and you will see what looks like a self tapping screw :thumbsup:

I think you will find that the boot or cap screws onto the lead. have a look with a torch and you will see what looks like a self tapping screw :thumbsup:

Eric is in Illinois where a torch is something that one would not want to use for inspecting ones spark plug wire

:thumbsup::eek::p:cool::bonk::worthy:

Eric is in Illinois where a torch is something that one would not want to use for inspecting ones spark plug wire

:thumbsup::eek::p:cool::thumbsup::worthy:

New Zealand huh, torch equals flashlight. :bonk: LOL

:thumbsup::eek::p:cool::bonk::worthy:

Flashlight lol :thumbsup:

:p:thumbsup::eek::worthy::bonk:

use the torch to melt the wire back into the boot? .LOL!! only kidding

I would have never guessed that there was a threaded device in there.

BTW. I called the local Yamaha stealership today looking for a wire and boot and they quoted me $84.00

they also told me it should be one piece instead of two :cool: what a bunch of jokers.

Thanks again for the much needed information !!!! :thumbsup:

Eric