Dumb question about spark plug boot

My spark plug wire came apart right where it enters the plug boot. I jammed it back in there and it runs.

Is the boot supposed to come loose from the wire or am I just really lucky and it is close enough for the spark to jump across the gap?

I didnt notice any wire or anything hanging out the end of the thing so I am sure I am loosing spark and power to start etc.

What do you think?

Thanks, Eric

I think you will find that the boot or cap screws onto the lead. have a look with a torch and you will see what looks like a self tapping screw :thumbsup:

I think you will find that the boot or cap screws onto the lead. have a look with a torch and you will see what looks like a self tapping screw :thumbsup:

Eric is in Illinois where a torch is something that one would not want to use for inspecting ones spark plug wire

:thumbsup::eek::p:cool::bonk::worthy:

Eric is in Illinois where a torch is something that one would not want to use for inspecting ones spark plug wire

:thumbsup::eek::p:cool::thumbsup::worthy:

New Zealand huh, torch equals flashlight. :bonk: LOL

:thumbsup::eek::p:cool::bonk::worthy:

Flashlight lol :thumbsup:

:p:thumbsup::eek::worthy::bonk:

use the torch to melt the wire back into the boot? .LOL!! only kidding

I would have never guessed that there was a threaded device in there.

BTW. I called the local Yamaha stealership today looking for a wire and boot and they quoted me $84.00

they also told me it should be one piece instead of two :cool: what a bunch of jokers.

Thanks again for the much needed information !!!! :thumbsup:

Eric