HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbrown

06 YZ 450F Radiator guards/skid plates

27 posts in this topic

What are the companies and / or websites that have radiatorguards and skid plates for the new Yellow or blue 450?

:thumbsup:

Works connection isn't listing one yet but hey neither is anyone else and I have seen some others out there in pictures.

Pearson has a slick looking carbon fiber unit on the bottom of his YZF (E-line?) in todays cycle news story, along with what I assume would be the IMS tank.

www.cyclenews.com

Its important that you check who is listing part numbers and who actually is making them. I work at a dealership and ordered some rad guards for my 06 from DeVol because they listed part numbers and so I assumed this meant that they were in production but once the order went through it turns out they are "back ordered" until the first of Feb. So be careful before you place an order to a company that lists the numbers. Always call and check to make sure they are in stock and ready to ship. :thumbsup:

Man, that thing looks huge. I think Im gonna wait for worksconnection or devol.
Yeah, they are awesome for Off-Roading, but not so good for MX I would guess. I wouldnt run anything else. I have the Utah Sport on my WR, it kicks ass.

GYTR makes them and Lightspeed makes them - glide/skidplates for 06 :bonk:

There were some pictures of the new GYTR glide/skidplate in the new Dirt Bike mag...looks good :thumbsup:

Storm racing, a sponsor on TT has my 2006 yz450 now and is making everything up while I am recouperating from ACL replacement surgery.

Brian from Unabiker emailed me today with pics for the 250F, they look sweet. He said he should have rad guards for the 450F soon. I cant wait.

black_n_blue_thumper. Could you post the pix? Thanks.

Yeah, it looks huge but I just recieved mine. Awsome!! Fit and finish great and on the bike doesn't look so HUGE. I do alot of off road riding so this is perfect!

Hey fellers,

I just saw the post saying the 250 & 450 has the same rads this year.

As soon as I can verify this on a bike, it's on.

I should have solid info Monday afternoon.

Hey fellers,

I just saw the post saying the 250 & 450 has the same rads this year.

As soon as I can verify this on a bike, it's on.

I should have solid info Monday afternoon.

Anything yet?