Some facts from a 06 disassembly

Man this bike is unlike any former YZF...........as I took it apart today..Some OBSERVATIONS on the 06 YZ450F:

the Carb is hidden and very difficult to remove / turn etc....I see why the boot will be a pain in the @$$ to put back on...My hands are to big to get in there...Are you folks removing the top frame supports above the carb to get to it to remove the top of the carb?

The Radiators are the thinnest I have seen....I wonder what the "Impact Ratio" is? It can not be much...wondering if radiator braces will be necessary..Amazing how cooling technology must have advanced. These would not work period on 03 or pre YZF w/o overflow/heating problems

The Frame is a work of art....I just sat there pondering how the Yami Techs/engineers came up with this design....it must have taken trial after trial after trial...it is unbelievable...very trick

I like the way the gas tank attaches....make sparkplug changes faster...

The Exhaust Cannister is a friggin fat long pig....sound yes/ damage factor no...WB Alum Pro on the way

All fastners are now top notch...gone are phillips head screws - replaced with 8mm bolts

The Tripleclamp is adjustable - 5-6 settings forward and back - about time

The bike needs a front glideplate to cover the engine front cases...between the split frame rails behind the front tire..Why did they forget this this year?

Clutch pull is the easiest I have ever felt on a 450 -

Bars are top notch but to friggin low - must be for shorty riders

just some cool stuff to point out to you folks pondering purchase as I have....... ?

I saw in the newest Dirt Bike Magazine that GYTR makes a very sano glide plate for the '06 250F and 450F. It looks like works trickery off of Chad Reed's 450. Problem is its a GYTR part...which means it probably costs more than anything else out on the market. It should be up already at the Yamaha website if you want to order it.

I saw in the newest Dirt Bike Magazine that GYTR makes a very sano glide plate for the '06 250F and 450F. It looks like works trickery off of Chad Reed's 450. Problem is its a GYTR part...which means it probably costs more than anything else out on the market. It should be up already at the Yamaha website if you want to order it.

any part number - that is no where to be found -