426 throttle question

I have a 2001 426 and was riding it yesterday and found out that when I have the throttle steady it seems to sputter a little. I am not hitting the rev limiter as its just a half, consistent steady throttle. I was wondering if this is normal and they are made to either throttle or not? If not normal, what could be causing it? It is fine with everything else, when I throttle it hard it is perfect, when letting off the throttle it is perfect and returns to idle fine. Not sure on this one. ?

Clean the carb and it will go away. The FCR carb is very sensitive to dirt and one speck will cause this. The only time my 426 ever did what your describing it was caused by dirt.

Of course this is assuming the bike is jetted properly to start with .

Clean the carb and it will go away. The FCR carb is very sensitive to dirt and one speck will cause this. The only time my 426 ever did what your describing it was caused by dirt.

Of course this is assuming the bike is jetted properly to start with .

I agree, mine did this awhile ago it was caused by a little black spec floating around in the float bowl.

Thanks for the advice so far. Does the instruction manual explain this in detail so that I can do it? Also, clean it with contact cleaner right? Do I need to completely disassemble it or just take out the float bowl and clean it? Do I blow it out with an air compressor too or will that damage something?

DO NOT take loose any screws that have "yellow" paint on them. There are screws that hold the two halves (top and bottom) of the carb together...those are the ones you DO NOT want to mess with. YELLOW=BAD! LOL

Having said all that...take the carb off the bike, take the float bowl off (check the float level while you have it off) spray carb cleaner into the carb , in and around all the jets and blow it out with compressed air. Then reassemble everything.

here is a a downloadable shop manual for the 2001 YZ426F

YZ426F Shop Manual