JUNK---> YOSHIMURA SPARK ARRESTOR 96DB

I purchased a low db insert for my yoshi pipe because i do ride around my neighborhood quite a bit so i thought i should be nice to the neighbors and quiet the ol girl down a little bit (she's got quite the bark). so, i order a low db insert a few days from www.motosportoutlet.com the order went well, got here in a timely manner.

I installed the insert today and i must admit, i was quite excited to see how she sounded. so, i got the key, turned her on, pressed that magical red button, she came to life. it sounded all right ideling there....so i let her warm up for a minute.....then i reved er up a little......to my surprise, IT IS LOUDER!!!! it no longer has that deep growl that yoshi is known for, it has a sharp crack.....a higher frequency noise that will travle further and is much more annoying. now i just dont know what to do....there goes 25 bucks down the shitter.

link to the insert http://www.motosport.com/product.jsp?path=-1|31989|39722|87514&id=152589

Hey wr450fyamaha,

Put your hands up and STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE! ?

You're higher than a crack house cat!!!

I have the Yosh muffler on my BRP and it's LOUD AS HECK without the spark arrestor. It actually hurts my ears! :bonk:

When I put this spark arrester in the pipe, it's NICE AND QUIET (but it also kills the power)...

yoshsainsert.jpg

Did you install it right? Did you remember to actually put it in your Yoshimura muffler?

Hey wr450fyamaha,

Put your hands up and STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE! ?

You're higher than a crack house cat!!!

I have the Yosh muffler on my BRP and it's LOUD AS HECK without the spark arrestor. It actually hurts my ears! :bonk:

When I put this spark arrester in the pipe, it's NICE AND QUIET (but it also kills the power)...

yoshsainsert.jpg

Did you install it right? Did you remember to actually put it in your Yoshimura muffler?

do u want me to take some pics? i would say it is about the same loudness but it is a higher pitch.....higher frequency noise travels further.

.higher frequency noise travels further.

not totally true. take 2 stroke vs 4 stroke for example. 2 stroke- loud and annoying at the source. 4 stroke- deep and agressive from the source, but the sound carries so much further than the high pitched 2 stroke.

haha, i fell outta my seat laughing.....havnt thought about that for a while....hahahahahha

but about the high and low frequency noise, low frequency travels short distance, high travels far....one example, although extreme, it is what it is. radio frequency, 100 mhz.....thats 100000000 hz. the human threshold of hearing is about 18 hz. radio frequency travels a little further than the bass coming outta my speakers in my car. the low bass like frequency of my bike does not travel nearly as far as the almost pinging or a smoker it makes now, but it does not have that thunder it once did, i will give you that......so, the noise travels just as far if not further and in my opinion, it is more annoying, but it does not shake houses off their foundations.

i hope i didnt confuse anyone with the whole hz thing....it came out more complicated than originally expected.....and i didnt go nearly as far as i wanted to.

Dude, you need to go to school! Lower frequency is a larger wave length. Travels much further. Like sonar traveling through water. Low frequency travels through water, high does not. Low frequency radio (short wave) 180 meter you can talk around the world. High frequency across town. You can hear the train across town but, can only hear someone whistle from down the street. The noise from the train is low frequency and is about 110db @ one foot, my whistle is about 110db @ one foot. You can always hear the bass outside a house or a car but, nothing else but, then again you have the schooling like some of the rest of us to prove us wrong. I will take my Degree in RF energy off the wall. Read something before you spout off, please? ?

ok, i did not mean to get into this conundrum but yeah.......ok, let me clarify something, low frequency has a larger wavelength but, it has a much larger PITCH!!!!! high frequency does have a short wavelength but it also has an extremely small pitch. just an example to prove my point, when you have headphones on, the music has an equal amount of bass and high frequency noise, and you take them off....move them about a foot away. what do you hear? the highest of the high frequency noise. why? because the high frequency noise travels further.

but we are not going into this any further. the whole point of this thread was to say that i am completely unsatisfied with my insert and i feel as if i just took out a twenty and a five and just burnt them.

Im beginning to doubt he's a 16 year old kid, and suspect he's just a "flamer", making posts to get us fired up ... sometimes (VERY rarely), he says something barely intelligent enough to qualify as a thinking human being, then reverts to his typical "16 yr old dumbass" routine ... either way, he shouldnt be taken seriously by anyone, particularly newbies, who are earnestly trying to find legitimate answers to XR questions ... put the moron on IGNORE !! ... ?