sell the yz400 to buy yz250 good or bad ???

I am thinking of selling my 1998 yz400f and getting a yz 250 or other 250 2 stroke .I have put about 15 hours on this bike and have tried to give it a chance but just cant feel confident on the 400f :thumbsup: . I feel maybe its do to the bike feeling so top heavy that I am a little intimadated so I kinda hold back a little . I am realy thinking of selling this bike and getting a used 250 2 stroke or yz 250f does anyone think I will regret it??? Does anyone own both a yz400f and a yz250 2 stroke ? Any recomedations

dont do it!

I won't premix again.

We have a YZ426F and a YZ250. It's all up to your personal riding style. I don't feel too comfortable either on the YZ426F, but I scream on the YZ250. It's just so much lighter and it feels like you can really wring it out, and get a ton of power in a really short amount of time. It doesn't have the torque the 426 does, but it has enough low end. The 426 is a 2001 and the 250 is a 1999.

I am thinking of selling my 1998 yz400f and getting a yz 250 or other 250 2 stroke .I have put about 15 hours on this bike and have tried to give it a chance but just cant feel confident on the 400f :thumbsup: . I feel maybe its do to the bike feeling so top heavy that I am a little intimadated so I kinda hold back a little . I am realy thinking of selling this bike and getting a used 250 2 stroke or yz 250f does anyone think I will regret it??? Does anyone own both a yz400f and a yz250 2 stroke ? Any recomedations

I am absolutely in the same boat!! I LOVE :bonk: the power, but cant come to terms with the top heavy feel of the bike in the woods. It doesn't help being 5'7". If I was 6ft. or so I could see where it would be a whole lot more fun. Mine is going up for sale next week as long as the valves are in spec. I'll probably get a KDX or a 250F in March or so.

I have been riding a 02 YZ426 since June of 02, I have never enjoyed or kept any other bike this long, but four weeks ago I picked up an 06 YZ250. I have taken it out three times now and I have to say, what a blast! I am much more comfortable jumping on my new bike and the throttle response is fantastic. :thumbsup:

I am going the other way. I rode a Suzuki 450 (the first 4 stroke I have ever ridden) and was flat out flying on the race track the first time out. Then I hopped on the YZ450F and was flying seconds a lap faster than I could on my worked YZ250. Now I am getting a new 450 because in racing, seconds a lap is HUGE! I can't believe I am going to 4 stroke but I am.

I have been riding a 02 YZ426 since June of 02, I have never enjoyed or kept any other bike this long, but four weeks ago I picked up an 06 YZ250. I have taken it out three times now and I have to say, what a blast! I am much more comfortable jumping on my new bike and the throttle response is fantastic. :thumbsup:

exactly. I went from a 426 to an 05 YZ250. I loved my 426 but the YZ250 is so much more fun. You won't regret the change. I think a 400F and a YZ250 are night and day.