HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicagobikefan

Anyone not happy with aftermarket exhaust?

4 posts in this topic

How many of you have put on an aftermarket slip-on and decided later to put back on the stock can? I read about this sort of thing on some other sportbike boards and wondered what you all think with the "L".

(P.S. Waiting for a Supertrapp IDS2 Quiet Series, which has been backordered for 3 weeks with no E.T.A. Thinking of canceling the order...)

I put an FMF Q on my XR600 and I thought it may have actually hurt my low end power. I think there may have been a slight gain in high RPM power. I had rejetted as required and was using a UNI filter with the stock header. I tend to ride a gear high and the "Q" did not fit my riding style since I don't ride near to the top of the RPM range.

When getting into a complete system you have to know that you are going to lose on the bottom end and gain up top. I always felt that going to a slip on would be the best way to keep the power the same and to just change the sound and lose some weight.

I really like my Supertrapp IDS2, the same one you have on order ... got mine from RockyMountain about a year ago, and couldnt be happier .. good luck :thumbsup: