Auto Decompression exhaust cam???

I have heard rumors of this exhaust cam that auto decompresses during kick starting to allow you to start your bike like a 2 stroke. The problem is that I don't know the name of it so I can't search old forums. Could some just give me the name of it so I can search. Maybe a testomonial or two if someone is using it would be nive also. :thumbsup::bonk::thumbsup::eek: Thanks again guys!!!

do a search on "Autodecompression cam", "hotcams" or YZ450 cam. Hotcams website sells them for any bike so search that site as well. www.hotcams.com

The auto decompression cam is awesome. Its well worth doing, don't forget to order a decompression plug from the TT store.

I kept the manual decomp lever and junk, Sometimes ya gotta clean it out.

I kept the manual decomp lever and junk, Sometimes ya gotta clean it out.

I took mine off. To clean it out all you do is pull the hot start, hold the throttle open and the kill button down and kick it over a few times :thumbsup:

Thanks, Bygdd I'll strip it off as soon as I get the plug kit.

can i replace only the exhaust cam to the yz-450 , do i need anything alse

i have a 1998 wr-400.

I have a '99 WR. Will it work on mine too?
can i replace only the exhaust cam to the yz-450 , do i need anything alse

I don't know if the mod was ever tested on pre 2000 bikes :thumbsup: maybe someone else will know :bonk:

As far as anything else needed, all I need were some new shims.

I don't know if the mod was ever tested on pre 2000 bikes :thumbsup: maybe someone else will know :bonk:

As far as anything else needed, all I need were some new shims.

It will work on the 400's also.

This is gonna be my next mod. It's bound to save me some energy when I crash during harescrambles!!

You will be amazed at how much time and energy it will save you durring an HS. I have not done the auto clutch yet so this was certainly the best mod that I have done. Plan on getting some larger shims.

I think I'm gonna try to get the mechanics at my local shop to walk me through it. They're starting a new D10 HS series here in KY and I'm gonna try to get them to help me out on parts and teaching me some wrenching!

Anyone got one of these auto decompreesion cams that will work for my 99 wr400 for sale??? If so email me with a price. Thanks stevelemley@sbcglobal.net

I got mine from the TT store OE parts. It was less than $120 delivered and the dealer wanted almost $160 :thumbsup:

What are people using to block off the decomp stuff coming out of the motor?. Is there a special plug?.

What are people using to block off the decomp stuff coming out of the motor?. Is there a special plug?.

Yes there is a special plug.. Search "Decompression Plug" and your make model.  I couldn't find the TT Store variant, but there's lots available out there.

Ok thanks.

I'm not finding anything for the 400. Would it be the same one as the 450?.