HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ethan

05' parts on 06'

5 posts in this topic

Will the oil filter from the 05' fit the 06'? Also, what about the clutch? My 05' has a GYTR clutch kit that only has five hours on it and I want to pull it and save it for the 06' when it needs it. Anybody know before I call the Yamaha shop and annoy him with my questions?

The clutch should fit 99 %. I haven't found a '06 parts catalogue, but let me put it this way: Hinson makes the GYTR clutches, and Hinson lists their clutch components same for '04-'06, even '03 (apart from basket).

Yamaha of Troy has an online parts fiche. You can check any part number from the two bikes and compare them.YOT

I do know that the front wheels are the same for the '03 and the '06 because I was too lazy to change tires so I just swapped wheels.

--KT--