HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgerdi

Anyone do alittle woods riding on the 06?

3 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of getting the 06 450 . I'm wondering about the power delivery and occasionally taking it on tight single track trails.

I took mine out for her first trail ride today. Coming from a WR I cant believe how small and light the bike feels. It turns so smooth and easy its just incredible. I put a 12 tooth counter on it right away, because I could tell from the test ride in the parking lot I wasnt going to get along with the 13. I feel like that was a great move. The suspension is just nuts, unreal smooth and felt great landing the small jumps I do. I didnt ride it real hard today, just wanted to get the feel for it. I think she will be an awesome woods weapon, its just so easy to ride. I did get in some real tight, steep stuff and it was a dream, again, it just feels so small. I love it. The power is great, but not scary or too much, but its always there when you need it. I cant wait to really get used to it and take it on a big ride. :thumbsup:

I raced my for the first time last weekend on my 06 450( a gp style,trails and track).Coming from a 250 2 smoke I really did not know what to expect. BUTTER!!!! This bike is a blast to ride!! :bonk::thumbsup::thumbsup: Once I got used to what gear I should be in it was great.The funny thing is I was'nt as sore after the race as I usually am after a 2 hour race and I hav'nt even got the suspention set-up yet. I have no complaints! The bike is very stable on the long straights,feels realy light when in the tight stuff,and likes the short shifts when you get tired. The biggest problem I had was using the power the best way. BUT, that could be because I'm used to a 2 smoke. A very good choice for both trail and track!!!