Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigboredbiker

New Bling purchased..Advice on seat cover?

28 posts in this topic

Just got new CEET tank graphics and seat cover off ebay this morning...cool as you like. Question is, would you remove the original seatcover or staple the new one over the old one??? Thoughts guys?? :thumbsup:

Remove the old one. More times than not there is not enough material to even do the new seat cover itself, nevermind go over the old one. Secondly, IMO the only seat cover that shoudl go on a BRP is a gripper. Monkey butt will cease to exist.

Blackbird racing make one for the 650's, same make as my new one...and they are dual material, grip where you need it, shiny where you don't...sweet.

Thanks for all the advice guys, guess what I'm doing at the weekend. Not a minute too soon IMO....no more baboon arse impressions for me...woohoo

Shouldn't the XR650L and XR600R seat cover be the same???

have you ever seen either a 650L or 650R? the L seat is twice as wide as the R's!!! not to mention overall shape is totaly different!

DUDE 600R NOT 650, the XR600R and XR650L share MANY parts.

So without any SMARTASS comments does anyone know the correct answer???

TIA

As far as I know, yes the 600R and the 650L seat are the same. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told they are interchangeable.

As far as that douchebag who posted above you, add him to your ignore list, and Thumpertalk instantly becomes more informative! He's a f**king moron.

As far as I know, yes the 600R and the 650L seat are the same. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told they are interchangeable.

As far as that douchebag who posted above you, add him to your ignore list, and Thumpertalk instantly becomes more informative! He's a f**king moron.

Cool, thanks! :thumbsup: Good to know info, just need a confirm on the Seat. :bonk: Why doesn't someone ban him :thumbsup:

DUDE 600R NOT 650, the XR600R and XR650L share MANY parts.

So without any SMARTASS comments does anyone know the correct answer???

TIA

Unfortunately you'll have to excuse wr450fyamaha. He's just another kid with a bad habit of mouthing off before using his head. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately you'll have to excuse wr450fyamaha. He's just another kid with a bad habit of mouthing off before using his head. :bonk:

Lol :thumbsup:

So i could use a 600 R seat cover then hmmmmm...

Lol :thumbsup:

So i could use a 600 R seat cover then hmmmmm...

Nobody has confirmed yet or not, but they look DAMN close.

I have a NEW XR600 Acerbis seat cover...its black, gripper type. retail is $50, I will take $25+3 for shipping if you need it.

rudy

SOLD. PM me your adress i send you money.

Yup..Here is a pick of my XR650L that i just installed XR600R foam and gripper cover made by CEET. It fit perfectly on the seat pan but an air stapler is a big help holding it down. Good luck and safe riding.84180ed0.jpg

Yup..Here is a pick of my XR650L that i just installed XR600R foam and gripper cover made by CEET. It fit perfectly on the seat pan but an air stapler is a big help holding it down. Good luck and safe riding.84180ed0.jpg

That answers my next question...powered stapler or manual? Looks like yet another trip to the tool store for me...

ajwashere: nice job on fitting your cover, all you need now is an engine for the bike....lol :thumbsup:

Air powered, and get the staples with adhesive on them, they work great and don't pull at all, I never really had much problems with non-adhesive pulling, but he added security is nice.

workin on the seat befor he even has a motor :thumbsup::bonk:

Working on the seat because the machine shop is slow! I wont name any names. And i am good at multitasking wiseguy! :thumbsup: Safe riding guys...