HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phatpigrider

Wierd question re: VIN # and non production, hand made bike.

3 posts in this topic

Wierd question. Do your guy's bikes VIN#'s read from top to bottom, or bottom to top?

I got a VIN verification in the process of dual sporting and ultimately CA "Plating" my latest XR (www.californiadualsport.com is my web site), and in the process of getting my light cert, the cert guy thought my bike was not a production bike, but rather hand made for something or someone, as the VIN ends in 500001.

I asked the service guys at Chapparral Motorsports about the aforementioned, who thought I was high.

I didn't think anything more about it, until when I read off the VIN numbers for my insurnace chick today, I noticed that two of my bikes, ('03 Honda XR650r, "Plated" and for sale (see web site), and my crf 250 X have VINs that read from top to bottom. The 500001 VIN# read upside down, or from bottom to top. Maybe I am still high, but can you guys check and see if yours read from top to bottom? :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I've got three Honda motorcycles in my garage:

XR650R: bottom to top

HawkGT: top to bottom

VFR400R: top to bottom

I've got three Honda motorcycles in my garage:

XR650R: bottom to top

HawkGT: top to bottom

VFR400R: top to bottom

That goes to show Handa's quality control, or lack of. My XR650R reads from top the bottom. I love Honda's, but sometimes the things they do are puzzling.

P.S. I've never seen anything upside down after my 420's. You must have some prime dank. hehe