What Tires Should I Run

I have an 06 450f and I need new tires. I only free-ride in the desert (high and low) of so-cal. I tear up 756 rears when I'm in any kind of rocky terrain. Is there a light weight long lasting tire? Thanks for your input!

Alot of guys in Az use the Maxxis IT. They wear a very long time.

Personally, I like the Michelin S12 rear. It hooks up better and I get about 400 plus miles out off it. I change my tires when half the tread is worn.

I have tried a lot of fronts, and I think the Pirelli mt83 works best in the desert, especially when the terrain is really hard with loose sand and in the sand washes it works almost as good as a Southwick. The Southwick is the best tire that I have found for the sand washes, but on the hardpack, it slips a little.

Sweet, another tire thread. :thumbsup: Since your new, I'll be nice. There is a search feature located at the top of the page, click on it and type in "tires". I bet you'll find all the information your looking for there.

Gee thanks for being nice. :thumbsup: I want spacific info. And if your so tired of another tire post what the f=== are in this one for?

Gee thanks for being nice. :bonk: I want spacific info. And if your so tired of another tire post what the f=== are in this one for?

Easy newbie. Don't get all pissy. Here is specific info: (that I'm sure I've already posted) 756's are good tire, but your right they don't hold up on anything but a MX track. The 952's are a good option, they hold up very well to rocks and are reasonably priced. Maxxis IT's are cheaper yet, hold up a little better, but you sacrifice some control. I personally use the 952's for off-road, and I have another set of wheels with 756's that i use for MX. :thumbsup:

Thanks Chachi!!

Thanks Chachi!!

Who is Chachi?

Happy days?

Happy days?

What do you mean happy days?

The TV show Happy Days!

Your talking about Happy Days the TV show? I think my Grandpa used to watch that. :thumbsup:

Michelins wear like iron.