heavier flywheel question?

i have a 99 yz400f. I just bought it and my friends do a lot of trail riding. Some sections are pretty slow. The gearing in the yz is a bit tall for slow riding. I want to put a heavier flywheel on the bike. They come in 8, 10, and 12 ounce sizes. Has anybody done this before and what size can they reccomend? I don't want to lose a lot of quick power, but I don't want to keep feathering the clutch and/or stalling all of the time.

thanks

I have an 01 YZ-426 and had the same stalling problem when in a tight section of trails. After adding the stelthy 12oz. I'd never go back. ?

I have heard that putting on the rekluse auto clutch takes care of the stalling and still allows for quick rev's. But the cost on the clutch made the flywheel look that much better to me.

Just my .02 cents.

Boyd

I have heard that putting on the rekluse auto clutch takes care of the stalling and still allows for quick rev's. But the cost on the clutch made the flywheel look that much better to me.

Just my .02 cents.

Boyd

The flywheel is $200 and the autoclutch is $400. I just bought an '02 YZ426F last week and raced it over the weekend. I stalled it at least 4 times. I am leaning towards the clutch at this point.

Good info on that webpage. I just picked up a 2000 YZ426f and am wondering how heavy the stock flywheel is for that bike. Does anybody know off the top of their heads?

I do not know what stock wieght is, but remember that we are talking 12 oz over stock wieght.

The flywheel is $200 and the autoclutch is $400. I just bought an '02 YZ426F last week and raced it over the weekend. I stalled it at least 4 times. I am leaning towards the clutch at this point.

I have had both the flywheel (12oz)and a rekluse z-start on a YZ426 for woods riding. Looking back, unless you are riding in handle bar width trees or mud all day long I would just get a flywheel. I am not saying the z-start is not worth the money, the are great, but only help with the tight stuff. The flywheel will change the way the bike hooks up, eliminating wheel spin. Both options will stop the stalling issue.

My $.02