YZ 450F (06) Best Tires Soft Track

Riding on the new Dunlop 739's and sliding all over the track. Riding in a sand/dirt/sawdust mix with hard pack jump faces. Gets muddy when its not soft. Just ordered Michelin Starcross Soft/Intermediate front and rear and hope that improves. Any experience out there for soft tracks with sawdust?

thanks Mark

Do yourself a favor and get rid of those 739's.

I have a 2004 model Yz 450f, and everyone I talked to said the 739 gave them problems (washout city), including me.

I now use a Dunlop 756 up front, and a Maxxis IT on the rear. THis gives a pretty good combo on everything except really wet, muddy conditions.

This seems to be a popular combo for a number of TT people that works out well.

I hated the 739 up front, on the back wasn't too bad, but the 756 front and Maxxis IT rear works much better.

Anyone riding with a soft tire?

Anyone know a good tire for mud riding?

thanks Mark

pirelli mt 32's best tyre i've used for intermediate & soft conditions

Riding on the new Dunlop 739's and sliding all over the track. Riding in a sand/dirt/sawdust mix with hard pack jump faces. Gets muddy when its not soft. Just ordered Michelin Starcross Soft/Intermediate front and rear and hope that improves. Any experience out there for soft tracks with sawdust?

thanks Mark

Mark:

My .02 cents says you should run the matching Michelin S-12 (med-soft) on back. :bonk:

I've got that on my 426 and it HOOKS-UP :applause:

Boyd

thanks Mark

you have the best set up ... Michelins are awesome :applause:

dunlop 773 front and rear. the best for down hear in south alabama(soft, silty and muddy conditions).

Can't go wrong with the Michelens. Carefull switching from that stock 739 front to the S12 though, it'll surprise you how well it grabs.

Mark:

My .02 cents says you should run the matching Michelin S-12 (med-soft) on back. :thumbsup:

I've got that on my 426 and it HOOKS-UP :thumbsup:

Boyd

S-12, absolutely. :bonk:

What would you recommend for desert type terrain? Lots of sand and rocks where I ride.

My 06 had a 739 front and a 756 rear when I went to pick it up. I had them change the front tire as part of the deal to a 756 front before I left the store. It is THE tire for soft to intermediate conditions period!!!

I would probaly run the michelin s12's or a dunlop 773 if I were riding in soft conditions. I always have a problem with washing, probably my riding style, but I have used stock 742, dunlop 756 rr, dunlop 756, michelin s12, michelin m12 on my bike already, and I like the d756's the best. I used to manage a moto shop so I still get the killer hookups. I could say I am blessed.

What would you recommend for desert type terrain? Lots of sand and rocks where I ride.

The same Michelin S-12 (med-soft).

Some of the places where I ride in eastern Oregon it is loose sand/ hard pack sand/ rocks. The S-12 has never failed to impress me.