Trip meter (odometer)

Hey all, anyone have their odometer quit working. Mine stopped at 429mi. I took it apart and the cable is fine. It is a mystery. I tried to take apart the unit itself, but was unsuccessful. Is it possible to use the cable and wheel interface for a speedo? Just a thought.

Michael

Well perhaps this is not a subject of interest to the forum. Ok, is this a subtle way of saying ...check the archives? In any case I will do just that.

M

Check that cable again. Some times they break but still turn by hand untill you put em in the hole and there is drag on it. Try to chuck a small drill bit and put it in the o meter and spin it. A speedo would work but would not be calibrated to the bike unless you got it off a bike with the same size front wheel. Even then you may want to doubble check the accuracy. There are electronic enduro computers that have all the bells and whistles, I forget who makes em though.

Thanks Jason

M

Don't feel too bad. Now you have an excuse to get a nicer speedo. I got a trail tech speedometer from www.rockymountainmc.com and it has been a lot of fun. It shows a lot more than trip distance. It cost 65 bucks I think. Well worth it!