HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwb0804

where to buy parts?

8 posts in this topic

I have to get valves, cam chian, rings, and gaskit kit for my bike 1985 xl 600r

should i just order them from honda shop, or could i do better from online parts store?

THX

-will

I have to get valves, cam chian, rings, and gaskit kit for my bike 1985 xl 600r

should i just order them from honda shop, or could i do better from online parts store?

THX

-will

could probably do better here on TT ordering those parts :applause:

waiting from quote from TT store

are there any other things i should do while i have the motor broken down?

THX

-will

check servicehonda.com. When I rebuilt my 650R, I saved over $100 on parts from them, and that includes shipping. Just give them about a week to ship parts, but IMO, the wait is worth the price savings...

I have had great luck ordering OEM parts from bikebandit.com. They are usually 20-30% lower priced than any local shop, and they are fast (if they have the parts in the warehouse).

The one issue I had with them was ordering steering bearings for an '87 TW200. Part of it was because I had to order individual ball bearings, and I needed over 20. That order took about 3 weeks to show up at my door. All the rest of my orders took less than a week.

Another bonus for bike bandit, they charge a flat 6 buck for shipping. If you are ordering a lot of stuff, it works out to be a good deal on shipping too.