How do you lock your DS'ed XR650R ?

Without an ignition switch and steering lock I'm worried about

leaving the bike in public places..... any good suggestions / Ideas ?

I carry a padlock and use it in the holes of the front disc. Try and remember to remove before you ride off. :bonk:

One padlock can also be used to lock two bikes together. Position bikes facing opposite directions with kickstands together and put padlock through one footpeg of each bike. :applause:

I keep a padlock on my rack which I use when parked also. Front or rear disc works good.

I've forgotten about it more than once when I try to take off!!! I ended up painting it bright orange to help me remember...DUH :applause:

I recommend wiring in an ignition key switch. A little more peace of mind.

put the pad lock on the brake, with a piece of string or something tied to it. Tie the other end to your handlebar, and you'll never forget :applause:

You could go on ebay and a guy has custom speedometers and/or key switches. They look nice. I will be purchasing one for my xr650r. E-mail him for diffrent combos and prices. He sells just key switch also.

Would put link but he sold the last one and its not on ebay yet. You can find him on ebay. Search xr650r and his speedometer or key switch will come up.

2000 Honda xr650r

-plated with baja designs

-uncorked

-Fmf powercore IV2

-Like new and fast

Can't move a bike that has a cable or chain through both wheels w/ a Master lock.................

In Australia they come with a key lock half way down the steering stem on the clutch side of the bike.

You Australia guys get all the goodies!!!!

Fordskin,

Can you send me a picture of the lock? houk27 at yahoo.com Thanks, Tony

The DK (Euro/Aussie) get the steering lock welded into the frame. It cannot be added. Nevertheless it is a flimsy locking feature, no more valueable than a simple padlock on the brake rotor both of which only prevent a roll away theft. If you want to secure your ride you need to chain it to something.

I use one of those Kryptonite Evolution locks, except I put it through the rear sprocket instead of the disc. It won't keep 3guys from lifting it up into the back of a pickup, but the sight may be a slight deterrent.

Chain it to a large, heavy object, like an XR650L.

-D

I use railroad padlocks through the rear sprocket around the drive chain plus a heavy chain with a padlock around a convenient permanent object like a tree or lampost. We had a BRP stolen in Mexico 3 yrs. ago that was chained only to 5 other bikes, no lock on the sprocket, they simply cut the chain with a torch and rolled the bike away.

-D

I knew those "L's" had a purpose.

Lock? Locks?!? We don't need no steeeeeking locks!

Silent, paging alarm, plus 12-guage pump shotgun. :thumbsup:

-D

ooh bitchy...lol :thumbsup:

put the pad lock on the brake, with a piece of string or something tied to it. Tie the other end to your handlebar, and you'll never forget :thumbsup:

Over here in the UK they sell disc locks with a bright yellow curly cord to attach to the bars. That way you'll not forget it, like I did many years ago in front of college (and a bunch of stunning girlies). :bonk:

I'm sure they must have made it across the pond by now...the locks not the girls...google it guys

Cut it with a torch? I'd say they wanted that bike no matter what it was secured to. I use dual disc break locks. If it moves from there, it deserves to leave me. Off road bike insurance works good then. Steny

ooh bitchy...lol :thumbsup:

I have one, so I'm allowed!

Dave