HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kelleyseiler

XR650 L Lowering Link

15 posts in this topic

Helped mine quite a bit but I use it in SM....lookin back, it is a plonker and not a stadium MX'er so would do it in the dirt too...

I bought one and had some issues with the grease zerks... tapped the wrong size and found out after I'd installed the bearings. I'd make sure they're tapped to 6mm threads, like the zerks oem. ...manufacturer said to just block them off because the newer models don't come with zerks installed anymore anyways...............a pretty dumbass comment when they screwed it up in the first place if you ask me!!

I used the XRs only lowering link it was good for 1.5 inches plus I slid the front forks up to help out a little more, I am only 5'7". I also trimmed the seat foam some and recovered the seat this works well but I don't recommend this for rides over an hour it may make your backside kinda tired. Also the XRs only link is tapped correctly for the Zerk fittings that come out of your stock link. :thumbsup:

I mounted my link two days ago. Piece of cake puttin it on. Real nice link and has grease point already on it. It lowered my bike 1.5 inches which really helps me alot. I am really satisfied with the outcome of this small addition!

I have the kouba link installed in my '03 XR650L. It lowered it from barely being able to "tip-toe" to allowing me to sit flat footed – which made it worth every penny.

I have the kouba link installed in my '03 XR650L. It lowered it from barely being able to "tip-toe" to allowing me to sit flat footed – which made it worth every penny.

You can actually plant both feet? I can plant one solid or both pretty good. It would have dropped it about 3 inches if I could plant both feet.