street legal in CA

Any tips on dealing with the DMV inspection to make my xr650 street legal?

Any threads on this much discussed subject anyone?

Thanks

Ricardo

"much discussed subject" is correct ... a Search on this topic will reveal volumes of info ... in general, its not a 'legal' conversion in CA, but some riders still get lucky, and occasionally sneak one by ... :applause:

Hi Ricardo!

I went to my local Honda shop and had the inspection done there.

Of course that was right before they "banned" the conversion in CA.

It was nice, they didn't look to see if the tires were DOT and took my word for it that I had a mirror. I did buy a mirror and showed it to the guy later though. I am not exactly sure if you can still Dual register your bike unless it was originally registered that way?

Somebody else here will know!

Good luck!

Eric_Mc

Arizona...... :applause: ...........Find a pal who has a residence in AZ, in a non emmissions county (Havasu) and take your bike to the AZ. DMV show them the VIN, 65.00 later, you have a plate....................Easy :bonk: you could plate a worthless quad there.......................

Arizona...... ? ...........Find a pal who has a residence in AZ, in a non emmissions county (Havasu) and take your bike to the AZ. DMV show them the VIN, 65.00 later, you have a plate....................Easy :bonk: you could plate a worthless quad there.......................

Just FYI: Model year 2002 and newer vehicles are exempt from emissions testing.

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei/tested.html