MCarp, you were absolutely correct.

Mike,

I am going on a Turkey Run, dual sport ride Sunday, 9/9. There is to be a sound check on all bikes. Today I pulled the silencer and found nearly 60% of the packing gone! A friend went to the hardware store for me (he is also taking my son, Adam, to the "Big M Supper Club"...McDonalds) to grab me some rivets. I have yet to test ride my bike, but I will update this when the results are in.

Just thought you may be interrested. I am really toying w/ puting the FHP needle back into my bike, now that I removed the adjustable air screw...

Just tried the bike. It has a fair boost in bottom end, and is no longer popping on decel. It is more quiet as is expected.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited September 08, 2001).]

What about the popping on accelleration? Have you found some of the lost power?

Bill :)

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Kevin-

That's good news! Did this make up any more lost power in other areas of the powerband?

I'm guessing, no, just the low end as backpressure and low-rpm performance work hand in hand.

I am surprised, though! Didn't think you really had that many miles on that exhaust, either.

Is the header still leaking? That will rop HP as well. Mine is currently leaking just a tad, need to fix that with SS tape

According to the packing people, it should be changed every 5 hours. I had 4 days of all day Moab riding on it, plus several, multi hour, local rides.

Low end is better, and the carb seems happier.

In another post, I mention how I just yesterday, put my jetting the way it was at Bill's house, w/ the exception of the adjustable air screw (FHP #5). Test ride is tonight.