Getting zapped

I have a 99 wr4 and after run for a little while when I pull in the front brake I get a small but very noticable shock through my right hand like something is not earthing properly on the bike. It seems to do this after the bike has been ridden hard. I have checked all my earthing points.Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone give any advise on how to fix it.

Besides my bike electricuting me everything else works ok(lights ,blinkers etc).

I don't know if this will help but I was shocking myself silly on a honda 250r quad through the safety wire on the grips. After looking it over, the only thing that I could think of is that I was picking up static electricity when I was riding in the dunes. It rained that night and the next moring it didn't shock me any more? Call me crazy but that is the only thing that I could think of causing the discharge.

Maybe this is you problem??

Lance

'00wr

'86 honda 250r quad

I had that same problem, also in the dunes outside of El Centro, CA. I wrapped some electrical tape underneath the "kill" switch and the problem ceased....might give it a try.

I think I found the problem.The Australian models are fitted with a pressure switch on the front brake reservior for the rear brake light.I tested it with a multimeter and when I pull in the lever the pressure switch was shorting to the outside of the switch which was attached to the lever.

Thanks for your responses.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now