HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MX_Ryda_192

05 or brand new?

7 posts in this topic

My dad wants a new bike. He's set on a WR450, either 05 or 06. the only thing about the 06's that would change his mind over buying an 05 is the suspension changes. Worth it or no?

He won't need either, I wanna know if the suspension mods are enough to justify the price difference.

He won't need either, I wanna know if the suspension mods are enough to justify the price difference.

yeah, what price difference?

I am 205 lbs and purchased an 05 in December and couldn't be happier. I put the differential in price into a Scott's stabilzer and FMF complete system :bonk: and am good to go. The suspension adjustments to his riding style can be easily completed using the stock set-up, or, :applause: for less than $200 do a revalve.

I have an '05 WR450 and have clocked up over 1,600 trouble free klms since August. I have also had the chance to ride the '06 and thought that the suspension changes were noticeable but minimal - buy either, do the performance mods and be happy !!