Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hitorq

XRL E-series pipe question

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone that is running an E-series pipe on their XRL had any issues with heat under the air box? I ask because the stock pipe uses a small heat shield where the pipe runs under the box, and the e-series does not. :applause:

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

no problems with the air box,but it will discolor your fender,check out my pics in the garage you might beable to see the yellowing affect

Yea, it has actually melted a little of my fender. So, what? I just made a little heat shield, and it works just fine. :applause: Just take a pipe fitter and give a coupling a little tweek.

but! what is the best pipe of the follwoing two I am thinking of purchasing for my beast! the XR's only complete exhasut system, White Brothers , or the BIG GUN , keep in mind I want my cake and be able to eat it too, that is not real loud and a gain in HP to compliment the rejetting / snorke and smog removal.

I was just a little concerned about the airbox, but it sounds as there is no problem there. I have ordered a deflector to save the fender. Thanks again for the help.

XRs only! Heavy duty stainless system. You can get a quiet core for it if it's to loud. This thing's not going to fall apart on you. Weld's are good and no rivit's. You get what you pay for with this system period.

Yup that is what I think to and will probably opt for the XR's only setup, what kind of power increase is it over etock?

no problems with the air box,but it will discolor your fender,check out my pics in the garage you might beable to see the yellowing affect

yep, my fender looks the same.

My rear fender is a little melted and crusty. No big deal. I am glad I added the can to my bike! BRRRAAAPPPPP! :applause:

Has anyone that is running an E-series pipe on their XRL had any issues with heat under the air box? I ask because the stock pipe uses a small heat shield where the pipe runs under the box, and the e-series does not. :applause:

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

you managed to find one that fits eh :bonk: LOL Upon the return, I matched it up to an XR650R..so if anyone is interested in a brand new E-Seires for their R, give me a holler.

you managed to find one that fits eh :applause: LOL Upon the return, I matched it up to an XR650R..so if anyone is interested in a brand new E-Seires for their R, give me a holler.

Yeah, picked one up used, had to fix a weld, and repack it. Pretty simple. We'll see how it works. I have the rear torn apart and am changing out swingarm bearings and regreasing linkages...

Cool. If you manage to find another beat up used one for dirt cheap, let me know :thumbsup:

Will do.