First 06 450 complaint

Last night when I was reinstalling the subframe on my bike I had my first struggle with my bike. I had one heck of a time getting the air boot reconected to the back of the carb. This is my first 4-stroke so maybe there is a trick to doing this that I am not aware of. My YZ250 was cake compared to my new bike. Does anyone have any helpful tips besides just lubing the air boot opening.

Don't take your bike apart.

4 strokes are not meant to be tooled with like the pingers.

Don't take your bike apart.

4 strokes are not meant to be tooled with like the pingers.

Whaaaaaat?! :applause: Keep up that philosophy and we'll see when your bike implodes.

Is it possable to fit your hand down inside the air boot ? i found that the easiest way on some of the other bikes i've owned, one hand inside and the other out side.

Last night when I was reinstalling the subframe on my bike I had my first struggle with my bike. I had one heck of a time getting the air boot reconected to the back of the carb. This is my first 4-stroke so maybe there is a trick to doing this that I am not aware of. My YZ250 was cake compared to my new bike. Does anyone have any helpful tips besides just lubing the air boot opening.

yep...#1 loosen the front boot towards the cylinder - both allenheads (this will give you more flexibility) - install in the rear first (while you can move the subframe up and down bolted under the seat) then #2 the front boot second....do not use lube...messy and attracts dust... last thing #3 install and tighten lower subframe bolts....:applause:

i have found that if i heat mine up with like a blow dryer or something it makes it really flexible and much easeir to reinstall.

Remove upper shock bolt and let the shock fall and kinda float....makes it much easier.

heating w/hair drier would help as well.

I've had me rear subframe off my 06. Re-assembly was not much worse than my old 450. Neither are easy.

--KT--

Put a LITE amount of grease in the lip of the boot and it should go right on. Remember, use a LITE amount of grease. :applause:

I removed the shock bolt like previously stated. Then I moved the hose clamp back off the area that slipped on the carb throat and it went right on. Then slide the hose clamp back into its proper position.

My 2 cents worth. :applause:

I appreciate all the tips they gave me some ideas to try next time.

having a WORKS BIKE in your garage will take a little getting used to ... :applause:

just had mine off last night as well. that is a pain but i found that if i pulled the carb out of the front boot a little so it would sit at a better angle then slid the whole subframe in fairly easily.

CONGATS ON YOUR NEW ONE . I STUMBLED ON A EASIER WAY TO RE- CONNECT THAT BOOT . DROP THE TOP SHOCK MOUNT . THIS ALLOWS A LITTLE MORE HAND ROOM . BOOT CLAMP WAY LOOSE AND YES ON THAT BLOW DRYER. THIS METHOD IS A MUST IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL A POWER NOW. GOOD LUCK :applause: